Last night I got an e-mail from one of the Read It and Weep boys, asking if I might be willing to participate in the next podcast (which is about terrible books and movies). This episode will be on The 4-Hour Body by Tim Ferriss. Of course I’m willing. I won’t say too much about this, because I’m saving it for when I have to say it out loud, but I’m obviously super excited to read a book that wants to help give me an Ultimate Hard Body. Which I think is the point of this book, although they don’t say it in so many words.
- Drinking water during long runs is important in preventing awkward poo-ing/diarrhea on the side of the trail.
- 3 hours of running is too long to go without eating.
- Omitting stretching entirely from a marathon training plan is counter-productive.
- The whole “increase your mileage no more than 10% each week” is probably right.
- Entire mileage for the week should not all be done in 1-3 runs.