Last day of contest prep! I’ve been slightly distracted this week by my first ever business trip, but now I can go back to freaking out about my first ever bikini competition. Things I did tonight to get ready include:
- Grocery shopping and making dinner for tonight, plus lunch and dinner tomorrow. I’m getting super good at cooking for myself ahead of time, and I’m really happy about it. Now I’m working on branching out to cooking for myself and also the people I live with, so I don’t feel so selfish all the time when I make myself an awesome meal and watch everyone else stare at the canned soup in the cabinets and feel sad (which is what I’ve done most of my life when other people aren’t cooking for me).
- Went to Target to buy up all the makeup I might need tomorrow. Figure competitions are basically beauty pageants where you have a ton of muscle and don’t have to wear a dress. I only know enough about putting on makeup to get me through a business trip once every lifetime, if I don’t touch my eyes too much (but I always do, I’m addicted to rubbing my eyes). So my friend/savior Niven has agreed to do it for me, since she has one show under her belt and also knows how to do makeup. But I still had to buy my own, so I did that.
- Went to Liberty High School in Hillsboro to check-in. That didn’t take long but did involve coughing up another stack of cash for my NPC card. I bypassed the height-check since I’m in novice bikini and all the heights go together in that one, got my free t-shirt, plus a couple of Quest bars, which was fun because I am constantly seeing hilarious Facebook debates about how terrible/awesome they are.
- Got my spray tan. Have you ever gotten a spray tan? It’s… naked. Super naked, in a little tent that people keep walking past. While a lady (or a man, but luckily not in my case), stare at your nakedness intently as they spray you up. My spray lady kept telling me, “Don’t worry, it gets darker.” Considering that I’m a white person and go outside almost never, any amount of tan was impressive on me, but it definitely got darker.
- Tried to paint my toes. Usually I get a pedicure once every 1-2 years, and I meant to do it earlier but then I didn’t. So I tried to do it myself, it was really hard and doesn’t look too good, so I think I’ll go back to never doing it myself ever again.
Now I’m getting PUMPED for my show by watching Newsroom and blogging and trying not to rub my spray tan all over everything. See you on the other side!