Since I finished my bikini competition a whole two days ago, everybody’s number one question is, “what was the first thing you ate?” Obviously these people don’t read my blog, because, duh. COOKIES! This was made very possible by my friend Laura, who made sure that I had a giant bag of fresh homemade cookies the minute I stepped off stage. I ate cookies in the car on the way home, and then I got in bed and ate cookies while I was going to sleep, and then I woke up in the morning and ate cookies.
My friend Kristina (that’s right, I have at least two friends) came over and gifted me so many more cookies. I used to live with Kristina, and we used to eat cookies together all the time, except she always ate a reasonable number of cookies while I would eat a very unreasonable number of cookies. She obviously enjoyed it, which is why she gave me so many cookies to eat.
I only took a break from eating my cookies in order to eat my birthday cake. Technically my birthday was a few weeks ago, but that was my contest-prep/no-cake-eating birthday, so yesterday I had a post-contest-prep/mucho-cake-eating birthday. We also played corn hole, which I only bring up because I did this collage picture earlier and I’m too lazy to find the original cake photo that didn’t involve any corn hole. So ignore the corn hole and just look at the cake.
Other than the cake and cookies though, I’ve pretty much been eating like I was during contest prep. My stomach isn’t too happy about rich food right now, and it’s willing to deal with the cookies, but I can only put it through so much. I’m going to try to keep eating clean most of the time, with the exception of my cookie/cake needs.
Before I sign off, I’d like to acknowledge the food blogs that got me through contest prep, when in lieu of eating cookies I could only stare at them on the internet:
- Averie Cooks. This one is the best. I even emailed Averie to tell her so, and it turns out that she’s done a fitness competition too so she got me. As soon as I have baking time I’m going to make every single thing on her blog.
- Gimme Some Oven. I gave this website so much oven. And it gave me pictures of cookies.
- A Cozy Kitchen. Do you like pancakes? You should. Everyone likes pancakes. Everyone in the world. Especially after a half-marathon. This website has a lot of pancakes, and made me want pancakes even more than my usual level of pancake-wanting which is a little-bit-to-a-little-bit-less-than-a-medium-amount.
- Two Peas & Their Pod. Sometimes (always) I’m irritated by people who advertise their loving relationship at me through their blog, but I give these guys a pass because of the food pictures. They also don’t really advertise their relationship beyond pointing out that the blog is co-authored by a married couple, but I just wanted to complain for a second about people who are actually more irritating about it.
- All of Pinterest. Thank you, Pinterest.